Tuesday, July 18, 2006

The Professor

With exactly two weeks left until the move to Ithaca, there's no shortage of things to do and people to see in these last daze. I've been finishing up the database of videos here at TimesSquare.com, and found a gem I'd been looking for for months...

It's Professor Eduardo Alvarado, my favorite subway performer. I first saw him in Jackson Heights almost two years ago, and bought a tape of his music for a very reasonable price. It was my favorite tape for several weeks. I love his lo-fi style and from what I can tell he's been doing it for a very long time. Rumor has it that he is quite a smooth latin lover and that he gives dance lessons.

1 Comments:

At 7:30 AM, Blogger David "checkback" Meade said...

Yeah man the Pro Fessa, gotcha foccacia, a latin lover, I find that hard to believe considering he can barely stand.
Not only did I see his son still holding up the mantle but also I saw a woman doing that keyboard thing they do. She was having a ball, not much of an audience but you could tell she loved hitting them keys.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home