Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Right Makes Might

I'm going through the hard drives and various archives here at the Ranch. You never know what you're gonna find.

Here's a goodie: Last fall, Negativland had a show at Gigantic Art Space. The star attraction, in my opinion, was a rogue animatronic Abraham Lincoln from DisneyWorld. Apparently he was a spare from the Hall of Presidents, but was rejected because he kept flubbing his lines and was subject to sporadic breakdowns and a tendency to gyrate his hips in the most grotesque manner.

I had the uniquely weird pleasure of helping Mark Hosler clean numerous sheets of plexiglass, and documenting Abe's wildly disturbing act on video. I also hung out a little bit with Joe, the guy who engineered Abe, who has a few interesting things to say about Christian robot fetishists. Later I posed for a few quick glamour shots (see below).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home